- Supports uncompressed RAW format
- Change camera settings with just a click
- Timed lapse capture for scanning without pushing a button
- Scan left and right pages at the same time to increase productivity
- Easily insert missing pages or replace bad shots anywhere without worrying about filenames
- Indicator tells the status of your camera battery status and settings
- Batch processing
- Multi-book and multi-chapter operation
- Comes with recommended settings to help beginners get up and running in no time
- Book profiling for frequent book types
- Background removal
- Adaptive Local Thresholding for B&W conversion
- Windows 7, Vista, XP with Service Pack 3 or later
- BookDrive Capture version 5 is single PC only
- CPU 1GHz or higher
- RAM 512MB minimum (2GB is highly recommended)
- 10GB available disk space
- 1024 x 768 resolution monitor
What's in Base Package
- The platform
- Adjustable camera mount x 2
- V-shaped book cradle
- V-shaped transparent platen
- Lighting set (fluorescent bulbs)
- Glare-prevention shade
- USB hub
- USB line x 2
- Cross link line
- Software Installation CD
- Printed and electronic documentation
What's in Complete Package
- Everything in Base Package
- Camera set
- - 2 x Canon EOS 1000D cameras
- - 2 x Canon EF35MM F2.0 Lenses
- - 2 x AC Adapters (ACK-E5)
Compatible cameras and lenses
|Cameras||Scanning A4 to A3||Scanning A3 to A2|
Cameras with 1.6x field of view crop
(e.g. EF50MM F/1.8 ll)
(e.g. EF35MM F/2.0)
Full frames cameras
(e.g. EF85MM F/1.8 ll)
(e.g. EF50MM F/1.8 ll)
- Height: 60 inches (152 cm)
- Width: 34 inches (86 cm)
- Depth: 21 inches (53 cm)
- Weight: 77 lbs (35 kg)
Maximum scanning area:
15.7 x 23.2 inches (40 x 59 cm)
Maximum book thickness:
- Box 1 (accessories) :
- 38 x 28 x 10 inches, 59.5 lbs (27 kg)
- Box 2 (base and cradle) :
- 38 x 28 x 16.5 inches, 55 lbs (25 kg)
- Box 3 (optional, cameras) :
- 6.5 x 12 x 12 inches, 15 lbs (7 kg)
FAQs - Technical
Every BookDrive comes with 1 license of BookDrive Capture and 1 license of BookDrive Editor Pro software.
No, it is not. We do not bundle OCR software because there are many great OCR software in the market to choose from. Each customer prefers different brand and may require different language so we let the users do the choosing instead.
The output from BookDrive will work great with all OCR programs in the market such as ABBYY FineReader and Nuance OmniPage.
Atiz software works on Windows only (7 32-bit and 64-bit, Vista and XP). Mac and Linux OS are not supported. You can however use Mac hardware (e.g. Mac mini, etc.) to install Windows through Bootcamp and run Atiz software on it.
In the context of scanning, DPI or PPI is the pixel density of an image or specifically "by how many PIXELS PER INCH is my document being recorded?".
To calculate for the DPI (pixel density) of your document being photographed by a camera, divide the number of pixels in length and width by the document length and width in inches.
For example, if you use a Canon 5D Mark II cameras (5616 x 3744 pixels) to scan an A4 paper (11.69" x 8.27") equals:
= 5616 / 11.69 and 3744 / 8.27
= 480.41 and 452.72
So the true DPI of this scanned image is 452 DPI (use the lower number).
For convenience, you can use our DPI calculator here: www.atiz.com/dpi
Maintenance is very low. BookDrive is a steel platform with software and minimal electronics (except the easily replaceable Canon cameras). Few moving parts so the chance of the steel platform to break is slim. The only major maintenance required is cleaning dusts off the glass.
We usually have the goods in stock and ready to ship within 3 days after receipt of payment. Air freight takes 3-5 days to arrive to city of destination. For large quantity and more precise schedule, let's discuss.